Introduction and Skills for Residential Experiences (Modules 16 and 38)
This two day course is aimed at those who are new leaders or would like to be more confident in taking groups on overnight stays. The course involves practical sessions and will take place both outside and inside.
The course covers topics including:
- Adapting activities for different abilities
- Risk assessments for residentials
- Residential planning and administration
- Learning to effectively pitch a camp
- Equipment maintenance
- Styles of tent and cooking apparatus
- Catering for your group
- Backwoods cooking and campfires
Please note: Module 38 is not validated on this course, but a certificate which outlines the course contents will be provided for validation when presented to your Commissioner.
The course will mainly be practical but will also include some theory sessions.
The course runs from 09:00 - 17:00 on both days. You must attend the entire course to complete the permit.
Self-catering accommodation is available.
How much? £80
Where and when?
Gilwell Park 22 - 23 February and 21 - 22 November 2020. Book here
Youlbury 16 - 17 May 2020. Book here