Teaching practical skills workshop
The day is designed to give you the skills and the confidence to teach practical skills to young people. This includes both learning the practical skill, and learning how to teach it. At the end of the day you'll be able to go back and teach these skills to your section, and apply the same teaching techniques to other skills you already have.
Who is the course for?
This course is for you if you want to:
- Teach these skills to your leaders
- Build a network across the Country to share best practices for teaching practical skills
- Get a Scout Adventures trainer’s certificate certifying your skills
- Learn how to plan and structure practical teaching to young people
- Learn new teaching techniques and practice them in a supportive environment
- Build confidence in some simple Scouting skills
- See (and practice) how to teach scouting skills to young people using a structured approach and teaching techniques.
£30 - bring a packed lunch and dress to be active/for the weather, tea & coffee provided.
Where and When?
Gilwell Park Saturday 2nd May 2020. Book here.
Woodhouse Park Saturday 20th June 2020. Book here.