Stay close to Nature
Get close to nature with a Highlands Perthshire camping adventure amidst some of the best scenery Scotland has to offer. Meggernie is perfect for learning survival skills, environmental study or a more traditional camping experience.
The remote, peaceful location is also ideal if you’re looking for a digital detox!
You can pitch some tents and sleep under starlight or snuggle up in the cosy dorms for a memorable camping experience in this beautiful Highland haven. Adventurers of all ages will find plenty to discover in this natural playground.
See our full activity list here.
See our prices here.
See our courses here.
See our schools brochure here
Prices available upon request
Bridge of Balgie
FACILITIES AND ACCOMMODATION
Camp or lodge? We've got it all.
Camping at Meggernie is an incredible experience. With a number of naturally-sheltered and self-contained camping areas over 15 acres, each with their own unique character. Close by are the toilets and showers, a laundry, drying room and dishwashing/food preparation room and crystal clear drinking water is provided by our treated borehole supply.
We also have the Foxes Den Bivvi and hammocks for a truly special camping experience.
Available badge programmes
Scouts and Explorers: Back to basics day
CHOOSE YOUR OWN SCHOOL ADVENTURE EXPERIENCE
It's your experience, so you're in charge. We believe that you should play a key role in designing your experience. To help, we have four basic products as a starting point:
Split your time between self-led sessions and instructed activities. We can help you meet your learning objectives by providing activities, skills or simply the space you need.
2-4 nights, full board accommodation in our lodges.
Why? Mix of teacher time and structured activities.
LOCAL AREA INFORMATION
Meggernie is located within a working Highlands estate in a truly stunning part of Scotland, offering a spectacular landscape for enjoying a huge range of outdoors pursuits. Glen Lyon is also within easy reach of the pretty towns and villages of Aberfeldy, Killin and Kenmore.
- Glen Lyon has been described as the “longest, loneliest, and loveliest glen in Scotland.” Enjoy its mystical atmosphere.
- Look out for the “oldest living thing in Europe” on the drive to Meggernie. The ancient Yew tree in nearby Fortingall is a real natural wonder.
- Aberfeldy offers lots of places to visit for a day out, including a distillery, Castle Menzies, and the bookshop and gallery at the Watermill. There's also a swimming pool and cinema.
- Loch Tay, the largest loch in Perthshire, is just a short drive away.
- Meggernie is on the edge of Ben Lawers National Nature Reserve, where you’ll find an amazing range of plants.
- Travel a little further afield to the city of Perth – 90 minutes away – where you’ll find museums and galleries and an awesome public swimming pool with flumes and waves and even an outdoor pool.